The Riding school was establised in 1979 in Ölvaldsstöðum. The school is run by Guðrún from July to the end of August. She specialises in teaching children age 6 and up. The riding school lasts for 5 days, from 1pm to 4 pm. Students are required to bring lunch with them which is consumed in beautiful surroundings half way through the ride. All students learn how to harness, comb and saddle the horse.
Guðrún uses the landscape surrounding Ölvaldsstaði to teach the students how to balance on the horse by going up and down hills and in and around water.
What we provide:
- Riding helmet
- Riding gloves
Students should bring:
- Waterproof footwear
- Windbreaker/warm jacket
- Agile protective clothing.
Riding courses summer 2019:
- 11th - 15th of June (Less experienced) Please note that this course starts on an Tuesday and ends noon Saturday.
- 18th - 22nd of June (Beginners) Please note that this course starts on an Tuesday and ends noon Saturday.
- 24th - 28th of June (somewhat experienced)
- 8th - 12th of July (Beginners - Less experienced)
- 15th -19th of July (Less experienced)
- 22nd and 26th of July (Somewhat experienced)
- 12th - 16th of August (Somewhat experienced)